* The remarkable story of Eric O'Grey who, after more than 20 years being morbidly obese, lost 75 kg in 10 months, healed from type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, spread joint problems and depression by switching to whole-food vegetable diet, moderate exercise (daily walking with his dog Peety that he took from a shelter), yoga and stress management. After 4 months he was able to omit all medication, including the 200 units of insulin that he gave himself daily.
Speech of Eric O'Grey for the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee
* How My Rheumatoid Arthritis (and a Plant-Based Diet) Made Me a Better Cardiologist
* At 81 years young, Ruth Heidrich, Ph.D., is a seasoned raw vegan Ironman Triathlete. She is the winner of more than 900 trophies, 6 Ironman Triathlons, 8 Gold Medals in the U.S.Senior Olympics, and 67 marathons including Boston, New York, & Moscow. Dr. Heidrich shares her research in care and feeding for amazing human health
* My Battle With Crohn's - How Going Plant-Based Gave Me My Life Back
*A story of debilitating multiple sclerosis to an Ironman trialthete using a whole food plant-based diet.
* Jessica Bowen got breast cancer at the age of 29.
* Succes stories, Dr. McDougall's health & medical center
* A testimony about Multiple Sclerose: "At my six-month checkup, I asked my neurologist about treating MS with a low-fat, plant-based diet. He told me that there was no scientific evidence of diet having any connection to MS, and that I should eat whatever I wanted.
I went to the neurologist for steroid treatment. He advised me that if I continued to refuse the medications I would get sicker and sicker until I died. At that moment, I knew I had no choice. I made a new commitment to my health, to healing, to fully following a low-fat, whole-food, plant-based diet.
Things began to improve pretty quickly. I noticed that I was no longer chronically constipated; I had more energy; my chronic pain receded; the candida I'd been living with since I was 16 just went away; and slowly I started to lose weight that I'd never been able to lose before.
That was 10 years ago this August, and I've never looked back. I am now celebrating 10 years completely free from the symptoms and relapses of multiple sclerosis!"
* "I Keep My Rheumatoid Arthritis in Check with Plants, Not Pills"
*Watching "Forks Over Knives" Changed This Doctor's Life-and Career
It all came together when Netflix suggested that I watch Forks Over Knives. I had never heard of a whole-food, plant-based diet and its potential to reverse heart disease. At one point, I became upset, feeling somewhat mislead because this information had not been covered in our traditional medical training.
I quickly transitioned myself to a whole-food, plant-based diet and lost 50 pounds in six months. For the first time in my adult life, I reached my ideal body weight of 170 pounds. I now make sure that all my patients with heart disease understand the extent to which diet and lifestyle have caused their illness-and that a whole-food, plant-based diet and other lifestyle changes are essentially a cure.
This change in my approach to medicine has changed my career path as well. I recently relocated my cardiology practice to bring lifestyle medicine centered around a whole-food, plant-based diet to the greater Chicago area. I am privileged to work closely with Dr. Kim Williams, immediate past president of the American College of Cardiology, current Chief of Cardiology at Rush University, and a strong advocate of plant-based nutrition.